Wellness Gone Wild
A growing trend in the global wellness travel industry, glamourous camping - or “glamping” as it is more commonly called - eliminates the hard work usually associated with "roughing it." Instead, think adventurous, wilderness-based activities (hiking, kayaking, outdoor yoga, and horseback riding, for instance) combined with wellness treatments and healthy dining, all in one luxury setting. Here are four top glamping retreats
Hiking in Havasupai
It's a bucket list destination and we're heading there on the first Travel to Wellness Fitness Retreat!
We've selected Havasupai Canyon, in the Grand Canyon for this five-night retreat because it is one of the most amazing, inspirational places on Earth. I've been there and it remains at the top of my personal list of favourite fitness adventures.
Luxury California resort offers year-round retreats and customized wellness programs
Wellness-minded individuals who are interested in an intense fitness retreat but who are concerned that they will not be able to keep up with a set program may find the ideal solution in one of the year-round wellness retreat offerings from the VeraVia Fitness Retreat.
Oneworld retreats: Bali's busiest and most popular yoga retreat
Peace and serenity. If that’s what you're looking for in a wellness vacation then ONEWORLD retreats should definitely be on your short list. With more than 50 annual retreats, led by 20 plus internationally renowned yoga teachers and session leaders, when it comes to yoga ONEWORLD retreats is considered by many to be “the go to” place in Bali. Read more
Anne's blog - wellness travel tour 2015
March 15: Fairmont Singapore & Willow Stream Spa deliver "well-tality" wrapped in a sense-a-place.
March 9: Talking everyone's favourite cruise topic: FOOD
March 7: Images of the photo-ready and historic town of Malacca, Malaysia.
March 5: Even wrapped in scaffolding, the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Myanmar is stunning. Images and a tour with a man named Sue.
March 2: Wellness classes including five tips on how not to gain weight on a cruise
Feb 27: Soaking up nature on Langkawi
Feb. 26: Art at sea. A learning opportunity that's good for the soul.
Feb 25: Crystal Symphony, new and updated but still familiar enough to be comforting.
Feb 21: I kicked off this Wellness Travel Tour at Swissôtel The Stamford in the city's downtown core.
Looking to mix a little romance into your wellness?
Romance and wellness can be the "perfect pairing" and the two are perfectly united at HighFields Country Inn & Spa. Here's what makes the place especially romantic for weddings and special anniversaries.
Nine top wellness vacation options for 2015
In her Wellness Lifestyle Vacations presentation at the New York Times Travel Show in January, editor Anne Dimon included nine wellness retreat options for 2015. Which one is right for you?
Other articles for wellness living and wellness traveling:
- Five nutritionists select their favourite snacks
- Easy, inexpensive ways to help you kickstart a wellness lifestyle
- 12 little ways to help you lose weight while travelling
- Seven tips to master mindfulness
Treatments & Therapies
- Reiki, a complementary and holistic practice
- Hot Mineral Springs
- The Scandinavian ritual of Dry Body Brushing
- Here's what you didn't know about oats
- Hot Quinoa with Fruit
- Curried Coconut & Carrot Soup
- Energy Crackers from Ranch at Malibu
- The sleek and sophisticated Bathhouse at Delano, Las Vegas
- Why is this one of the most talked about spas in Scotland?
- Review and slide show of Secrets Resort & Spa, Huatulco, Mex
- Lisbon's loftiest spa is Sayanna Wellness Spa
- Running around with Four Seasons
- Riding the range in Central Mexico
- 14 top companies in Canada and the U.S. offering cycling tours
Beauty & Antiaging