Do you need a detox? Kelly Bradley of Bradley Wellness, has prepared the following quiz to help you determine IF you need to detox and WHY you need to detox.
Simply answer yes or no to each question:
- Do you live in the city?
- Do you work in an office?
- Do you use underground transportation?
- Do you frequently walk, run or exercise along busy roads with traffic?
- Do you regularly use a cell phone?
- Do you regularly use a computer?
- Do you live near high-voltage power lines, a nuclear or electrical power plant or cell phone towers?
- Do you regularly smoke cigarettes or other substances?
- Are you regularly exposed to second-hand smoke?
- Do you frequently use recreational or prescriptions drugs and medications?
- Do you drink alcohol on a daily basis, or binge-drink on the weekends or at other times?
- Do you lead a sedentary lifestyle in which you do not exercise?
- Do you catch more than three colds, flus and or viruses in an average year?
- Do you have any mercury fillings in your teeth?
- Do you drink on a daily basis any of the following: coffee, fizzy drinks, tap water, cows’ milk and or carbonated sodas?
- Do you eat on a daily basis any of the following: sugar, sweets, chocolates, white bread, canned foods, frozen foods, microwaved foods, fried foods, meats, curred lunch meats, cookies, cakes?
- Do you normally add white sugar or sugar substitutes to tea or coffee?
- Do you regularly add salt to your food when cooking, or add salt when the dish arrives?
- Is reading food labels for chemicals or preservatives before making selections irrelevant to you?
If you answered yes to more than 5 questions you should think about a cleanse today, detox seasonally throughout the year and consider changing some of your nutrition, exercise and lifestyle habits. For ideas on where to go check out some of these top retreats on our radar.