In the province of Alberta, spa-goers and the wellness-minded traveler will find the greatest number of spas concentrated in the areas of Calgary and Banff/Lake Louise. But it’s not really the spas that bring visitors to Alberta – it’s the spectacular natural attractions and outdoor activities. Wellness-minded travellers should choose Alberta for its “mountain medicine.”
Things you should know before you go:
• The Canadian Rockies offer visitors a variety of geographic landscapes, alpine meadows, emerald lakes, rushing waterways, backcountry wilderness and some of the best hiking and skiing in Canada.
• Edmonton, the capital of Alberta is knows as the Festival City.
• The province boasts almost two dozen scenic drives.
• Calgary prides itself on being a “cowboy town” especially during July and the Calgary Stampede – billed “the greatest outdoor show on Earth.”
• This is where you’ll find two of the most popular national parks in the country – Banff National Park and Jasper National Park.