With the launch of each New Year, many start thinking of kick-starting a wellness lifestyle. Here are 13 easy, inexpensive little ways to help get you going:
1. Start each day with a cup of hot water and a large squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
2. To cut back on sodium cut out all processed and pre-packaged foods.
3. When it comes to snacking, make healthy choices.
4. Avoid anything made with white flour or sugar.
5. Choose to eat fish at least twice a week.
6. Take a brisk 20 to 30 minute walk at least three times a week.
7. Whenever possible, take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator.
8. Each day, acknowledge just one thing you are thankful for.
9. Practice saying “I can do that” instead of “I can’t do that.”
10. At least once a month, spend time with a friend who makes you laugh and/or makes you feel good about yourself.
11. Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed, take a two-minute time out to simply breathe.
12. Get at least seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
13. Look to the future instead of dwelling on the past.