Hugging Canada’s Pacific coast, the province of British Columbia is affectionally known as B.C. it’s unofficially known as Canada’s “most fit” province and the options for those who like to hike, cycle and paddle are unlimited. Along with Ontario and Quebec, B.C. also has the most choice for spa-enthusiasts. .
Things you should know before you go:
• It’s a destination where you can often ski one day and golf the next.
• It’s home to the Okanagan Valley, one of the country’s prime wine regions and agri-tourism destinations.
• Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands are often named “best islands” in the world on which to live.
• It’s a fabulous destination for anyone wanting to hike, cycle, paddle or ski.
• B.C. is where visitors will find the mildest winters in Canada
• It’s home to world-famous Whistler Village.
One of North America’s most renowned mountain villages and recently declared one of the most liveable communities in the world, Whistler is located in the Coast Mountains 120 kilometres (75 miles) north of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and is the site of the alpine, Nordic, and sliding events for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The destination is best known for its downhill skiing, but over the last several years it has become increasingly popular as a year-round destination. We love this part of Canada for spas and the outdoor fitness activities available in an inspirational mountain setting.