These five benefits of seaweed are courtesy of GimMe Organic Seaweed
- Seaweed contains Iodine and Tyrosine, which support thyroid function.
- Seaweed has the unique ability to absorb concentrated amounts of Iodine which your thyroid relies on to make hormones.
- Seaweed is a good source of vitamins and minerals
- Sprinkling some dried seaweed on your food is an easy way to boost your intake of vitamins A,C,E and K along with folate, zinc, sodium, calcium and magnesium.
- Seaweed contains a variety of protective antioxidants
- Antioxidants can make unstable substances in your body called free radicals less reactive.
- Seaweed provides fiber and polysaccharides that can support your gut health.
- Seaweed has a higher fiber content of most fruits and vegetables.
- Seaweed may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. Seaweed contains fucans that may prevent blood clots, and the sea vegetable may help reduce your blood cholesterol levels.
GimMe Organic Seaweed offers these good-for-the-road snack products.
Read more about the benefits of seaweed
Other articles for Wellness Everyday