From the fresh Alpine air to its reputation for excellent medical care, Switzerland has long been renowned as a destination for healthy living. Bürgenstock Resort Lake Lucerne’s 5-star Waldhotel Health & Medical Excellence has maximized this expertise with two new programs launching for travel in a post-pandemic world: Immunity Boost PRO and the Executive Retreat.
Immunity Boost PRO
In a world more connected than ever before and with more people travelling every year, never has a strong immune system proved more important. Immunity Boost PRO focuses on the importance of sleep and rest, healthy nutrition, quiet time and meditation, activities and time spent outdoors, hydration, less alcohol and coffee while improving the intake of Vitamin C and D.
Spend time unwinding in the Waldhotel Spa while enjoying an uninterrupted Alpine view, followed by a 90-minute De-Stress Massage and 50-minute Regeneration Massage. Learn about immune boosting food in a session in the onsite Cooking Lab with nutritionist culinary chef Martin Stein and take part in The Elements, a series of guided outdoor activities in the fresh Alpine air.
The Waldhotel is a revolutionary medical wellness centre offering physical and mental well-being through a ‘Healthy by Nature’ concept. It features an elite team of multidisciplinary physicians, ranging from cardiology, internal medicine, dermatology, orthopaedics, psychosomatics, dentists to nutrition and gastroenterology, all with a depth of expertise to treat and prevent health concerns using treatments at the highest level.
Medical services included in the programme are:
- In-depth admission consultation with doctor
- Thorough physical examination with doctor
- ECG electrocardiogram
- Comprehensive laboratory tests
- Pulmonary function test
- Biometry and determination of body composition using DEXA
- Measurement of energy metabolism (indirect calorimetry)
- Concluding consultation to discuss results with doctor and final report with written recommendation
- Analysis of mobility, stability and fitness by a physiotherapist Functional Movement Screen
- Two complex infusions with vitamin and micronutrient during the stay followed by in depth medical recommendations for further treatments if necessary
Immunity Boost PRO may be booked with or without a stay at the Waldhotel. This programme requires a minimum stay of four nights and includes half board Waldhotel Colour Cuisine at Verbena Restaurant.
Time-poor business executives are encouraged to escape the stress of 2020 and avoid burn out with an intensive Alpine retreat. The two- or three-day Executive PRO Programmes extend the theme of a holistic health escape and medical care sanctuary in a secluded environment. The hotel services are embedded in a complex of highly recommended medical therapies and treatments, accompanied by exceptional sport, fitness, wellness and medical spa facilities surrounded by untouched nature.
Three different programmes are available to address any requirements of each individual in targeted, effective itineraries:
- Executive Check Up PRO:
- For the ultimate medical MOT, an extensive private medical check-up is conducted with laboratory analysis. Following comprehensive date review, a private meeting will be held with each patient with a medical expert to assess the results and receive personalized action recommendations. A one day screening includes:
- A clinical check
- Blood analysis defined to fit the patient profile based on medical history
- Ultrasound abdomen
- Skin screening for cancer
Executive Check Up PRO may be booked with or without a stay at the Waldhotel. Waldhotel Colour Cuisine Lunch is included.
Executive Mindfulness PRO
Levels of stress are higher than ever post-pandemic. In harmony with the ‘Healthy by Nature’ ethos, this holistic mindfulness offering focuses on wellbeing that will develop patient potential to work productively and creatively, and build positive relationships. A two-day programme includes:
- Two 30-minute mindfulness lectures
- A 50-minute mindfulness practice session
- One 15-minute Cryotherapy ‘icelab’ session up to -110°c
- A 50-minute Yoga or Qi Gong session
- A 90-minute De-Stress Massage
Executive Mindfulness PRO may be booked with or without a stay at the Waldhotel. Waldhotel Colour Cuisine Lunch and Dinner included.
Executive Mobility PRO
Months working from home or time-spent in recovery from illness has an impact on fitness and mobility levels. To address this, a combination of the latest fitness programmes targets muscle weight and structure, coordination skills and overall mobility levels. Physiotherapists, sports medicine specialists and fitness instructors will analyse the patient’s musculoskeletal structure to create a thorough exercise regime to be continued long after check-out. Following a clinical check, a two-day programme will include:
- Two 50-minute personal training sessions
- Functional movement screening
- Two 15-minute Cryotherapy ‘icelab’ sessions up to -110°c
- Two ‘The Elements’ activity programme
- A 90-minute de-stress massage
- A 90-minute cooking class and nutritional advice
Executive Mobility PRO may be booked with or without a stay at the Waldhotel. Waldhotel Colour Cuisine Lunch and Dinner is included.
For more information, check out the Waldhotel Health & Medical Excellence web site